Is your Xfinity not working on Roku? Most users have a cable subscription, but use the Xfinity Stream App on their Roku or Roku TV.
This means you likely have Xfinity as your home internet, and may or may not use a Xfinity provided modem or Router.
We surveyed our audience and found the following reasons had the highest chance of solving this Xfinity Stream App not working on Roku:
We’re going to cover, in depth, all the different ways we have successfully fixed the Xfinity app not working on Roku express, Roku Stick, Roku Ultra, and Roku TV’s (This includes Hisense and TLC).
- Related: Xfinity Throttling: Why your Xfinity internet is so Slow (Fixed)
- Related: How to get a Roku Internet Browser
- 1. Ensure your Roku knows you are actually connected to Xfinity internet.
- 2. Refresh a Stale Roku login on the Comcast servers
- 3. Restart Xfinity Beta stream app.
- 4. Upgrade your Roku Model
- 5. Reset your Xfinity Internet via Router or Gateway
- 6. Make sure your Roku device's software is updated to the latest version
- 7. Restart (Cycle) your Roku to fix the Xfinity Streaming App that stopped working
- How to fix Xfinity Roku Error tvapp-00101
- How to fix Xfinity Roku Error tvapp-00116
- Can I get Xfinity Roku in my car?
- Which Roku works with Xfinity Stream?
- How do I connect a Roku to a TV with a Cable Box?
- How do I connect to an Xfinity Wifi hotspot?
- How to connect Xfinity to Roku
How to fix Xfinity Stream App not working on Roku
If you’re sure the modem or rental router is not the issue, then your next troubleshooting steps for fixing an Xfinity App not working on Roku goes as follows:
- Ensure your device knows you are connected to Xfinity internet (certain modems cause this issue)
- Stale Login: Sign out of your Roku account, and then sign back in.
- Restart/Reboot Roku device or Roku TV.
- Restart Xfinity modem (most advised option to try first)
- Replace or attempt to use an HDMI cable.
- Check status via the Roku remote
- Customer service
If customer support is needed, then you should look to contact Xfinity customer service, not Roku – Xfinity can cause an issue as well which is overlooked by many.
1. Ensure your Roku knows you are actually connected to Xfinity internet.
Many users of the Xfinity app don’t realize that their rental modem or router prevents them from accessing Xfinity on Roku via the Roku app.
A “confused” modem/router is one of the biggest reasons that the Xfinity app doesn’t work on Roku.
You’ll know this is the source of the problem if you get an error that says “This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi. Use the app on your smartphone, tablet or laptop to watch on the go, any time you like.” (Error: TVAPP-00101)
This means the Roku app ‘thinks’ that you are not connected to Xfinity internet (even if you really are) and this causes the Xfinity app to not work on Roku.
If you believe this is the issue, then the only route to take is to contact Comcast or your provider immediately and inform them how you feel about Xfinity on Roku not being enabled. Meanwhile, test out the next troubleshooting methods, which may work and help you not have to deal with the frustration of contacting support.
Note: Many believe this could be an issue with the Roku internet speeds, we didn’t find this to be the case during our tests. However, visit our guide if you need to check your internet speed on Roku.
Your streaming services generally depend on your network. Before moving forward sure to make sure that there aren’t any general hardware malfunctions.
If the stream app still doesn’t work, one of the more common working fixes we’ve tested is to simply sign out, then sign back into the Xfinity beta stream channel.
2. Refresh a Stale Roku login on the Comcast servers
After trying everything else, I finally figured out why my Xfinity on Roku wasn’t working. It turns out that the issue was caused by stale logins on the Comcast server.
This means that the login data was outdated and needed to be signed in, then sign back out (we go over how to do this a bit further in this article).
- By logging out of your Roku account, then logging back in from the Xfinity Stream app, the problem of Xfinity streaming beta app cleared up on all my Roku devices in the house.
My older Roku TV still has the problem, probably because it is still picking up the stale login in the network, but it eventually resolved itself.
Most users aren’t sure why this happens, but after our tests it appears the stale login is the best way to describe it in non-technical terms. If you believe this is not the reason then try the next step, which is restarting the Xfinity streaming app.
3. Restart Xfinity Beta stream app.
- Go into the Xfinity app on your Roku TV.
- Go to Settings > Accounts > Account tab.
- Find the sign out options.
- Click on “Sign In” after waiting a few seconds.
- Enter your Comcast credentials and click on the login button.
If the Xfinity beta Stream app reset method above does not work, your internet connection, cables, or TV settings may be at fault. No need to do anything more complex yet, such as checking the ethernet connection unless this step doesn’t help.
4. Upgrade your Roku Model
The most effective fix I found is grabbing the newest version of Roku. Make sure your Roku is updated and restart it after you have made sure you have the latest version. Go to the settings on Roku, then update the software and restart the device.
If you’re certain it’s not the internet, then your Roku stick is likely very outdated — grabbing a Roku Ultra will likely solve the problem. However, make sure you troubleshoot all the other options listed in this post before resorting to this quick fix.
(You could also just grab a Firestick 4k, which worked flawlessly for me).
After updating your devices, go to the beta channel and see if your stream is now available.
Additionally, we tested the best roku web browser apps, no matter what Roku you choose there are options to even add a browser.
5. Reset your Xfinity Internet via Router or Gateway
If the Xfinity Stream channels aren’t working correctly on Roku, it may be due to a slow or inconsistent internet connection. Regardless of whether you think this is the case, you’ll be surprised once your internet has been reset.
Use the Xfinity mobile app to restart your internet or modem, do not unplug the Xfinity internet, then re-plug it. Try Xfinity beta stream and reset all devices afterwards. You can also check all cable connections if theres any errors in this step that appear.
6. Make sure your Roku device’s software is updated to the latest version
On your Roku, navigate to Software Update under the settings tab.
You can check for firmware updates by clicking Check for Updates and if one is available, install it immediately.
Keep your Roku’s firmware up-to-date in order to avoid issues with your Xfinity beta channel. It is well known that outdated software could cause issues.
Accessing the settings and heading to Software Update will allow you to do that. After clicking on Check for Updates, make sure to download and install any new updates. This also helps make sure theres no streaming issues.
7. Restart (Cycle) your Roku to fix the Xfinity Streaming App that stopped working
To fix Xfinity not working on Roku, rebooting your Roku device is a reliable troubleshooting method. If your internet connection is not the problem, a power cycle may work.
In case of a problem with the Xfinity stream on Roku, power cycling the device will likely resolve the issue.
It’s time to get your Roku device power cycled, so let’s begin.
- Using the remote, turn off your Roku device.
- The Power Cable must be unplugged from the power outlet.
- You need to wait for three to five minutes.
- Make sure the power cable is plugged back in.
Your Roku device has now been powered cycled. As a result, any root issues causing interference with your Xfinity beta channel should be resolved. After each troubleshooting method, I strongly recommend a reset of all devices. It may seem repetitive, but it is necessary.
- Related: 7 Best Roku Remote Replacements: How to replace a Roku remote (Universal)
- Related: Best Tablets for Watching Youtube & Videos
Xfinity App Still Not Working on Roku TV
If you’re using an out-of-date version of software on your TV, it may prevent the stream from working correctly.
To get the latest software for your Roku device, go to the “Software” section of your Roku remote control and click on “Update”. Then choose “Install Firmware Version”, and follow the instructions.
By 2020, Comcast had stopped supporting Apple products from earlier than 2012, discontinued its apps for Apple TVs and Amazon Fire TV, and stopped supporting Windows 10 Mobile.
Is your Xfinity Cable TV loading apps slowly? See our post on how to make Xfinity Cable TV faster (navigation, apps, and more).
Most Comcast customer service representatives weren’t aware of this issue at the time.
If you need any further help, please call either Xfinity or Roku Customer Service and tell them your problem. They usually require a few questions and a bit of time before they can solve your problem.
Xfinity Roku Hack (Comcast Roku Problems solved)
Roku Xfinity Hacks did not exist previously, but now there is a rumored Xfinity Roku private channel that allows users to stream all their favorite Comcast content on Roku.
- There are additional hacks you can find. Visit Roku Hacks: How to Jailbreak Roku Unlocked Streaming
As Roku competes with cable companies such as Xfinity, Dish, and Direct TV, this would be a huge step forward.
What is the Roku Comcast integration like? We have updated our list of Comcast Roku Private Channels with the latest code: C035.
Using Roku private channels, users can access content not normally available on the device.
In addition to alphanumeric codes, ROKU private channel codes may also use underscores or dashes. Apart from Roku’s Test channel code, they usually have 3-6 characters.
Important update: Roku Private channels do not work anymore as of Feb 23rd, 2022 See what to do about this here.
Xfinity Roku Errors solved
If you have tried restarted the Roku, reinstalled the Xfinity Beta app, and reset the entire Roku and there was still no success, then there is another alternative troubleshooting method. Our final test was a Xfinity X1 Refresh, which worked flawlessly.
This has a high success of fixing many small errors on Roku that many users struggle with.
The issue can be resolved by performing a system refresh on your main cable box. The system refresh details are as follows:
- Visit the Help section in Settings or press the button on your remote control. If you say “System Refresh” into your Voice Remote, you will be taken to step three. Highlight the System Refreshtile and press OK.
- Up to 10 minutes will be needed to perform a System Refresh on your X1 TVs and recordings. Highlight Refresh Now and click OK if you wish to proceed.
- Do not unplug or turn off your TV Boxes while the System Refresh is underway. They will automatically restart when the process is complete.
- Upon restarting the TV Box, the X1 Welcome screen will appear. Following the System Refresh, you will be able to watch live TV on your TV Box again.
- You can only use System Refresh once within a 24-hour period, so if you continue to experience issues, you can Schedule a Call to speak with a specialist.
In the event that your System Refresh attempt fails, please try again in a few minutes, or restart your TV box.
You may also want to see How To connect Roku & Roku TV to WiFi without using your remote
How to fix Xfinity Roku Error tvapp-00101
The Roku’s network connection is usually the cause of the error: TVAPP-00101.
You can fix the Xfinity Stream Error Code 00101 by following these steps
- Code of the cause. When you have two or more Xfinity accounts, you may not be able to connect to your in-home network.
- Code for the solution. Ensure you are connected to your home network before exiting the application and restarting it.
Related: How to get DailyMotion on Roku
This device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi if you have more than one Xfinity account linked to it. If you encounter this scenario, you may receive a message such as “Welcome, Ttis device can only access Xfinity Stream on your in-home Xfinity WiFi.”
How to fix Xfinity Roku Error tvapp-00116
Roku’s error is more likely to be caused by Xfinity than by Roku. For 00116, which is an Xfinity X1 refresh, the same solution applies as it does for Roku Error Code TVAPP-00500. If this does not work, please contact support.
Within minutes of contacting Comcast about this, they informed us that they were working on a service issue in the area. It took a few hours for the problem channels to be fixed. You should contact Xfinity customer service on this one, not Roku.
Can you stream Xfinity on Roku?
Does Roku support Xfinity streaming and does it cost extra? Comcast provides a streaming app for Roku called Xfinity beta, which you can use to do this and it does not cost extra is most cases.
You can sign in by opening the app from the Xfinity Channel in the Roku Channel Store.
On any Roku device, the Channel Store can be found under the “Streaming Channels” section in the left menu.
Before installing your Xfinity Internet and Xfinity TV services, you cannot use the Xfinity Stream Beta App on Roku.
For people tired of watching TV the old-fashioned way, being able to stream online content has become a necessity. By using an Xfinity account, you can access your favorite shows as well.
More than 150 live TV channels are available through the Xfinity beta streaming Roku app.
Can I get Xfinity Roku in my car?
Yes, you can get Xfinity in your Car. On your T-Style, you can watch live television and on-demand videos if you have the Xfinity Stream app on your Roku.
Using a hotspot and an HDMI cable source with Roku, you can watch Xfinity via Roku in your car. As soon as it’s connected through the console (the same way you’d use it on the couch).
Depending on if you are an Xfinity customer, you can get the hotspot for free. This was tested on a Roku-enabled T-style radio.
The Xfinity Stream app can be added to your Roku channels if you’re an Xfinity customer.
Which Roku works with Xfinity Stream?
Here are all the Roku devices that work with Xfinity stream:
|Roku Device Model
|Xfinity app Compatibility
|Roku Streaming Stick 4K+ (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)
|Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X, 3810X)
|Likewise, Roku Premiere (3920X, 4620X) and Premiere+ (3921X, 4630X).
|Roku 2 (4210X), Roku 3 and 4 (420X, 4210X, 4230X, 4400X).
|Nearly all Roku TVs support the Xfinity Stream app (A000X, C000X, 5000X, 6000X, 7000X, 8000X).
|Roku Ultra (4340X, 4660X)
|Roku SoundBar (9100X)
|Roku Express (3700X, 3900X) and Express+ (3710X, 3910X).
How do I connect a Roku to a TV with a Cable Box?
What is the best way to connect a Roku to a TV with a cable box? Roku can be connected via HDMI, but there are other ways if your cable box requires it.
A majority of TV sets made in the last decade have flat screens, and most of these have multiple inputs. Since your cable box only uses one (1) of these, you can plug the Roku into a different input and switch between sources with your TV remote.
The following connections are recommended, in order of preference:
- Your TV set may have an additional HDMI port that can be used for the Roku device. This is the preferred method. If you have only one HDMI port on your TV, you can substitute that for Y/Pb/Pr+RCA/optical Audio.
- Cable boxes can be connected to your TV via HDMI port or Y/Pb/Pr+RCA/optical Audio interface. some consider this outdated.
Although HDMI is supposed to be superior to Y/Pb/Pr, you’d have to use certain tools to be able to tell the difference. Roku uses only HDMI, while your cable box will likely have several different output interfaces.
Also see: No sound coming from Roku (solutions)
How do I connect to an Xfinity Wifi hotspot?
Hotspots near you can also be quickly found by downloading the Xfinity WiFi App.
Hint: Use the official interactive map to locate Xfinity WiFi near you on Xfinity.
Secure WiFi networks are a priority for Xfinity Mobile.
It is possible, however, to access unsecure xfinitywifi networks when there are no secure networks available.
From the list of in-range networks, select “xfinitywifi” under Settings> WiFi.
You will be prompted to sign in when you connect. To sign in, open your browser and navigate to a website like Xfinity or cComcast if the sign-in page does not appear automatically.
How to connect Xfinity to Roku
You can connect Xfinity to Roku, by hooking it up to the internet, locating the streaming channels option, and then typing Xfinity into the Search bar. Once this is done, you can activate and watch Xfinity on your Roku stick or device.
Android and iOS devices are supported by the Xfinity Stream Beta app. On-demand videos are available in more than 1000 categories. Using the cloud DVR, you can also record movies and download them offline
If you’re using bluetooth to watch Xfinity, you may want to see How to Connect Roku to Bluetooth Speakers or headphones
Roku Ultra, Roku Express,Streaming Stick and even the Roku sound bar is compatible with Xfinity streaming beta app. Roku TVs also have support for the Xfinity Stream app.
Xfinity X1 cable customers can also access the Xfinity Stream app with their set-top box. You have to use both your Comcast ID and Password in order to activate the device for streaming.
In conclusion, if you’re having issues connecting to your Xfinity app on Roku, here’s how to fix it.
- Reset Roku Account Credentials
- Make sure your Roku stick or Roku TV ‘knows’ you are connected to Xfinity
- Verify All Cables
- Disconnect and Reconnect Devices
- Restart Everything
- Hardwire Connection
If none of these work, contact customer service, however the issue either lies within Xfinity or a stale login on the Roku App. Always update the Xfinity stream channel Roku app and log out, then in again before trying other advanced methods outlined in this post.