As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read our complete legal information for more details.
When choosing the best tablet for social media you’ll likely be using social apps such as Facebook, Instagram, Snapchat, TikTok, Whatsapp, twitter, youtube and more.
The requirements you’ll need when using a tablet for social media are a high resolution display for 720p video playback or higher.
You’ll also want to consider the audio since there are many cheap tablets with poor sound systems, this is often a surprise when someone gets an inexpensive tablet and finds out the sound is barely tolerable for social media or influencer usage.
The battery should be able to last more 3 or more hours on a single charge and this is why tablets such as the Amazon Fire HD, iPad, Samsung Galaxy, and Windows Surface Go are ideal.
- 1. iPad Air: Best Tablet for social media (Overall)
- 2. Amazon Fire HD 8: Best Cheap Tablet for Instagram & Snapchat
- 3. Lenovo Flex 7 ChromeBook: Best big screen Social media capable Tablet with keyboard
- 4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7: Best Premium Tablet to use Instagram and TikTok on (with keyboard)
- 5. VANKYO MatrixPad S21: Best Tablet for Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube (Good camera)
- 6. Samsung Galaxy A 8.0: Best Budget Samsung Tablet for social media, Instagram, Facebook, and similar app
- 7. Huawei MediaPad T5: Best Android tablet for social media (Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit)
- 8. Fire HD 10 Plus: Best large tablet for Facebook and Facebook messenger
- 9. Samsung Galaxy S7: Best Tablet for Social Media with a good Camera for (videos & photo editing)
- 10. iPad Pro 12.9: Best Tablet for Influencers and Social Media Marketers
- 11. HP Pavilion X360: Best 2-in-1 touchscreen tablet for using TikTok and social apps
- 12. Lenovo Chromebook C330: Best Tablet for Video apps and social media games
- 13. Fire HD 8 Plus: Best Tablet for messenger & Group chat apps (What’s app, Discord)
- 14. iPad mini: Best iPad for social media, general media consumption, and casual reading
- 15. Lenovo Tab M8: Best Cheap tablet for social apps like linked in and audiobooks
- Social media App Compatibility
- Processor speed/processor type
- Reputation/Name brand
- Tablet vs SmartPhone for social media
- Can you use Instagram on a tablet
- Can Snapchat be downloaded on a tablet
- Can you make Facebook posts on a tablet
- What is the difference between a tablet and iPad
- Are there any differences between a tablet and an iPad?
- Should I buy iPad or android tablet for social media and general use?
- What is the best Tablet for Social media marketers?
Related: Human Mouth Coin purchase
At a Glance – Best Tablets for Social Media
It’s important to choose a good tablet to use the social media apps on that you are looking for as well as for general internet use.
- iPad Air: Best Tablet for social media (Overall)
- Amazon Fire HD 8: Best Cheap Tablet for Instagram & Snapchat
- Lenovo Flex 7 ChromeBook: Best big screen Social media capable tablet with keyboard
- Microsoft Surface Pro 7: Best Premium Tablet to use Instagram and TikTok on (with keyboard)
Name-brand tablets mentioned in this post can support the majority of the mainstream social apps and if you’re looking for something that wont break the bank then the Amazon Fire Tablet (Fire HD) can work well.
Best Tablet for Social media (Instagram, Facebook, snapchat)
Below is our top picks of the best tablets to be use instagram on, linkedin, facebook messenger, snapchat, twitter, and general use. These work well beyond this use as well and can handle multiple tabs as well as multi-tasking.
1. iPad Air: Best Tablet for social media (Overall)
The latest iPad Air has pretty much everything a social media user could ask for. With an impressive 9.7 display, a powerful hardware kit, excellent battery life, and excellent cameras, Apple has managed to create an all-in-one tablet.
This device is specially created for those who want to run apps like Instagram, TikTok, and Snapchat without any problem.
Although the iPad Air is not the cheapest tablet on the list, it is extremely fast and more affordable than the latest iPad Pro and other flagships like the Microsoft Surface Pro.
- Display: The 2020 iPad Air simply has the best 10’’ screen on the market. Due to its advanced technology (LCD) it offers vibrant colors, fantastic contrast. Moreover, this is an amazing choice for TikTok and Snapchat fans, as its 1640 x 2360 pixels Retina display allows you to watch breathtaking videos at 1080p resolution.
- Battery: Although the battery’s capacity isn’t impressive, Apple’s OS has excellent battery management, which results in an incredible 10 hours of autonomy (and 5 hours of video streaming).
- Audio: With one of the best audio sets on the market, iPad Air promises to offer a fantastic viewing experience of Instagram Stories, TikTok and Youtube videos, etc.
- Accessories and Connectivity: The Apple pencil and the keyboards you can use with the Air allow for a fluid Facebook and Instagram scrolling experience. When it comes to connectivity, the Air has all the essentials you might ask for (like BlueTooth 5.0).
If you loved all the iPad Air specs but didn’t want to spend an enormous amount, Amazon has the solution. The latest Fire series is a fantastic selection of budget tablets, and the Fire HD 8 was specially created for social media fans.
The Fire HD 8 has a great, compact size with a great (for the price range) screen and an amazing battery.
It comes with the light Fire OS (compatible with all social media apps), 2GB of RAM, and a reliable CPU and promises a lag-free social media experience.
- Display: Even though the Fire HD 8 has a smaller (8’’ at 1280 x 800 resolution) screen than the iPad, this is an ideal size for social media browsing, video streaming at 720p. In fact, the overall experience proves to be great, especially if you think that all the Fire HD 8 costs are $64.99.
- Audio: The Fire HD 8 has dual (Atmos Dolby) speakers that offer a great audio experience. Also, Amazon has included BlueTooth 5.0 and a 3.5mm stereo jack port to9 connect your set of headphones or earphones and enjoy videos on Instagram, Snapchat, etc.
- Battery: As with all Fire HDs, the HD 8 has an excellent battery for the price range that lasts up to 12 hours of regular use (around 5 hours of media streaming).
3. Lenovo Flex 7 ChromeBook: Best big screen Social media capable Tablet with keyboard
If you are not sure what to choose between a tablet and a laptop, Lenovo has you covered with it’s touch screen functionality.
The latest Flex 7 is a great, budget 2-in-1 Chromebook tablet, ideal for social media. When it comes to functionality and flexibility, this Lenovo device rivals the far more expensive Surface Pro.
With a massive screen and storage, a flexible design, and a reliable hardware kit for fast browsing, the Flex has everything you need for running apps like Instagram, Twitter, Youtube, etc.
- Display: With its enormous 13.3’’ FHD screen, the Lenovo Flex outshines most tablets on this list when it comes to screen size. Its LCD allows you to watch videos at 1080p without any lag. Thus, this is a great choice for those who prefer bigger screens and mostly spend their time watching videos on apps like Youtube, Snapchat, and TikTok.
- Battery: The Flex 7 has a great battery that lasts up to 8 hours of continuous usage. Although this isn’t the best autonomy on the list, it is reasonable due to its bigger screen.
- Audio: Lenovo has included dual (2W) speakers for a great audio experience. Of course, you can always connect your headset via Bluetooth 5.0 or the integrated audio jack port.
To see more on the flex and how it compares to the Lenovo Yoga model, see our post: Lenovo flex vs Yoga.
4. Microsoft Surface Pro 7: Best Premium Tablet to use Instagram and TikTok on (with keyboard)
The Surface Pro 7 is a pocket-size, performance beast. While reviewing this tablet, we quickly identified that Microsoft had created one of the most premium tablets that can also be used as laptops.
Multitasking between social media apps with the Pro 7 works perfectly, and the navigation is as smooth as it goes.
Thus, the Surface Pro is a fantastic choice for a tablet for watching and browsing visual social media like Instagram and TikTok. Let’s explore all the reasons why:
- Display: The Surface Pro 7 has an incredible 12.3’’ FHD display that allows you to use the device in 3 different modes (laptop mode, studio mode for drawing, and tablet mode). In fact, the Pro 7 is an amazing all-rounder, is both a tablet and a laptop, and offers more than an impressive social media experience.
- Battery: Microsoft has included one of the best batteries on the market. The Surface Pro 7 can last up to 11 hours of continuous usage.
- Storage: With its 128GB SSD, the Surface Pro 7 is an ideal solution for those who want to download videos from platforms Youtube or Netflix.
- Audio: Although Microsoft’s kit isn’t the most powerful one, the Surface Pro has an adequate audio set. With its dual 1.6W speakers, this device offers a great audio experience.
Keep in mind, if you’re specifically looking to get a good cheap tablet for netflix, our post on this will cover this topic in greater social.
5. VANKYO MatrixPad S21: Best Tablet for Snapchat, Twitter, and YouTube (Good camera)
VANKYO has become a well-known brand for its VfM tablets. Accordingly, the brand-new MatrixPad S21 is simply the fastest budget tablet out there. If you need to purchase a powerful device for browsing, streaming on Netflix, etc., there’s no better option than the S21.
Even though VAN KYO has created cheaper versions of this tablet for social media and video streaming (like the MatrixPad S10), the S21 is an amazing all-rounder.
- Display and Audio: The S30 has an FHD 10.1’’ (1920 x 1200) IPS display and dual speakers. Likewise, it has a great screen size, good viewing angles, and a realistic, amazing sound experience for its price.
- Battery: VANKYO includes great batteries for all their tablets. Accordingly, the S30 has an excellent battery autonomy of up to 15 hours.
- Storage: With its 128GB SSD, the S30 is an ideal solution for those who want to download videos from platforms Youtube or Netflix.
- Camera: The 13MP back and 8MP front cameras that the S30 includes are simply the best in the price range and easily competes with much more expensive models.
Related: See our post on the largest micro SD Cards.
The Vankyo is one of hte most popular up and coming tablets that is both cheap and good for social media (as well as many other general uses).
6. Samsung Galaxy A 8.0: Best Budget Samsung Tablet for social media, Instagram, Facebook, and similar app
As one of Samsung’s budget tablets, the A8 combines great price, premium design, and excellent features.
This is a fantastic choice for social media apps like Instagram and Facebook, allowing for a lag-free experience.
Apart from that, the A8 has a great screen, a fantastic audio set, and a compact design, making it one of the best tablets for streaming and watching TikTok videos on the go.
- Display and Audio: The A8 has one of Samsung’s amazing screens. Although 720p is all the 1280 x 800 resolution allows when it comes to video watching, the device has terrific blacks and vibrant colors for the price.
- Battery: Samsung has included a 5100mAh battery, that combined with the 8’’ screen, results in an impressive 14hours autonomy.
- Cameras: Samsung is very well-known for its top-tier cameras. Accordingly, the A8 might be a budget tablet but has an excellent 8MP rear camera. On the flip side, the 2MP front camera is pretty basic and thus not ideal for Zoom or Skype meetings.
7. Huawei MediaPad T5: Best Android tablet for social media (Snapchat, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Reddit)
As with Lenovo and VANKYO, Huawei has become very popular for its powerful, budget devices.
That being said, the MediaPad T5 might not be the cheapest tablet on our list, but it has some exceptional features that make this tablet work well with social media apps.
With a fantastic 10.1’’ display, one of the best audio kits on the market, and a great battery, the T5 is an amazing solution for social media users. Let’s dive deeper into its strong and weak points.
- Display: The T5 has a curved-edge 10.1’’ FHD display that doesn’t only look good but performs amazingly for the price. The display’s brightness and clarity are simply out of the tablet’s price range.
- Audio: Likewise, Huawei has included dual speakers and its innovative technology called Huawei histen, which allows for 360 degrees sound and makes the sound richer.
- Battery: The MediaPad T5 has a 5100mAh battery that offers up to 10 hours of continuous usage.
- Storage: Unfortunately, due to its 16GB of storage, this isn’t a great solution for downloading videos from Youtube or Netflix or storing multiple images.
As with Amazon Fire 8 reviewed above, the HD 10 Plus is a budget choice. However, this is the most powerful Amazon tablet out there. In fact, if you want a budget tablet that can compete with much more expensive models when it comes to performance and social media experience, then the HD 10 is an amazing choice.
With a powerful hardware kit (octa-core CPU and 4GB of RAM), a great display, a fantastic battery, and excellent storage capacity, the HD 10 plus is the ultimate budget all-rounder.
- Display: Amazon has included a 10.1’’ FHD display that is perfect for scrolling on Instagram, watching videos on Snapchat, etc. The display’s colors are vibrant, the clarity is great, and the viewing angles are more than sufficient for the price.
- Battery: As with the rest Fires, the HD 10 Plus has an amazing battery that lasts up to 12-hours.
- Storage: When it comes to storage, you have two different options. Although the 32GB is more than enough for social media, you should go for the 64GB if you plan on downloading videos and movies from Netflix and Youtube.
If you want to buy the best Android tablet, Samsung’s flagship is here for you. The latest S7 might not have the OS of an iPad Pro, but it does a fantastic job in social media.
This device is super-powerful, has a premium design, and all the advanced characteristics and accessories (keyboard, active pen, etc.) a social media user, influencer, or advertiser needs!
Visually, the S7 provides one of the best experiences on the market. It has an amazing screen, reliable and strong audio, and a fantastic hardware kit that allows you to multitask for hours without any lag.
- Display: The Samsung brand is extremely popular for its impressive blacks and vibrant colors, and S7’s display doesn’t differ. Accordingly, the Samsung Galaxy S7 has one of the best 11’’ TFT (2560 x 1600) screens ever created. Thus, this device is perfect for those who need a top-tier screen.
- Storage: The S7 is a fantastic choice for advertisers since it has enormous storage (128GB and more). Also, this is a great choice for those who usually download videos and movies from Netflix and Youtube.
- Battery: Samsung has included one of the best batteries, too, since you can use the S7 for up to 15 hours without a charging break.
- Cameras: With a dual back camera (15MP and ultra-wide 5MP) and an 8MP front camera, the S7 is simply the best on the list.
If you don’t want to compromise at any aspect or characteristic of your next tablet, iPad Pro is simply the best way to go. The latest Apple flagship has transformed the tablet world. This device is more powerful than most laptops out there, has an amazing device, a top-tier thing, and the list can go on forever.
The Pro version was designed by creators for creators. For this reason, it is a fantastic choice if you are a popular influencer or general marketer that simply needs the best tool for social media.
If you are a part of a team that handles social media then you’ll likely prefer the iPad Pro due to its sheer performance. For example, an influencer marketing agency that handles macro or micro influencers would benefit as they likely have many clients to handle and are not always glued a laptop in their workspace.
A less expensive tablet for influencer marketing may not be be quick enough, the iPad Pro is a safe bet in this case.
In fact, most average social media users will be more than covered by the capabilities of the iPad Air (reviewed above). However, if you need the best cameras, screen, hardware kit, and design, the iPad Pro is the tablet for you.
- Display: The latest Apple iPad Pro has the best tablet screen ever created. The 12.9’’ Retina display works like a charm. It has stunning colors due to its great color gamut and great viewing angles. In a few words, there is simply no better screen when it comes to social media scrolling and video watching on a tablet.
- Performance and Editing Apps: As mentioned above, the iPad Pro is faster than numerous laptops. Accordingly, the Pro version allows for multiple demanding tasks, such as photo editing and even video editing. This is the main reason why it is by far the best choice for media marketers and social media creators.
- Storage: Likewise, the iPad Pro has more than enough storage for your editing tasks and for downloading movies and videos. Apple has created four different storage versions, from 128GB to 1TB.
- Cameras: The iPad Pro also has the best cameras on the market with a dual back camera (12MP wide and 10MP ultra-wide) and a 7MP TrueDepth front camera.
If you liked the Lenovo Flex 7 tablet we reviewed above, but you aren’t sure if it’s the best fit for you, then the HP X360 might be the best device. The latest X360 is one of the most popular budget 2-in-1 Chromebooks ever created.
It is perfect for social media users.
With the biggest screen on the list, massive storage, a fully foldable, flexible design, and a great hardware kit for multitasking, this HP model is an amazing choice for any visual platform like TikTok, Instagram, or Snapchat.
- Display: HP has included an enormous 14’’ FHD touchscreen display. The HP x360 is perfect for those who need a big, clear screen for video watching on social media or movie streaming platforms like Netflix.
- Flexibility: The fully foldable keyboard allows you to use the x360 as a portable laptop and a massive tablet.
- Battery: The HP x460 has an amazing battery (considering the size of the screen) that lasts up to 9 hours of continuous usage.
- Storage: If you need a lot of storage for downloading movies and videos or photo-editing and video-editing, HP is simply the best choice. Its advanced hardware kit (i5 CPU and 8GB of RAM) allows you to edit photos and videos, and the 512GB won’t fill up anytime soon.
See our post: Best Budget Laptops for Computer Science Students
Although the HP x360 is a fantastic 2-in-1 tablet, it is relatively expensive. For this reason, we have also included one of the most reliable budget 2-in-1 tablets, the C330 by Lenovo.
With an excellent screen for its price, and a reliable built for browsing social media apps like Instagram and Snapchat, the latest C330 has an amazing reputation. Lenovo’s latest budget flippable tablet has more than 7k positive ratings on Amazon and is a great cheap tablet/laptop for daily use.
Also see our post on the Lenovo ThinkBook vs ThinkPad: What are the differences?. It explains the comparison and differences between the two models.
- Display and Audio: The C330 has an FHD 11.6’’ (1366 x 768) IPS display and dual speakers. Likewise, although this isn’t the best resolution on the list, the C330 has good viewing angles and realistic colors. For this reason, this is an excellent choice for watching videos on 720p without lags.
- Battery: Lenovo included a long-lasting battery that allows the C330 to have a battery autonomy of up to 10 hours.
- Storage: With its 64GB storage, the C330 has the perfect storage size for social media users. This is also a great solution if you want to download a satisfying number of movies and videos from platforms like Youtube or Netflix.
13. Fire HD 8 Plus: Best Tablet for messenger & Group chat apps (What’s app, Discord)
As with the other two Fires reviewed above, the HD 8 Plus is a budget choice. This is one of the most popular and powerful budget tablets on the market at a very reasonable price.
As with the HD 10, the HD 8 plus is an amazing choice for those who want a budget tablet that can compete with more expensive models for performance and social media experience.
With a powerful hardware kit, a compact display, an amazing battery, and excellent storage capacity, the HD 8 Plus is the ultimate portable tablet.
- Display: Although the 8’’ screen size is not enormous, it makes this tablet extraordinarily portable and helpful for daily use (social media). For example, this screen has an amazing size for browsing on apps like Discord and scrolling on Instagram or Facebook. As with all Amazon screens, the display’s colors are vibrant, the clarity is sufficient, and the viewing angles are more than great for the price range.
- Battery: As with the rest of Fires, the 8 Plus has an amazing battery that lasts up to 12-hours.
- Performance: The HD 8 plus is way quicker than the HD 8, mainly due to its reliable quad-core CPU and 3GB of RAM. For this reason, this is a great budget choice for multitasking.
14. iPad mini: Best iPad for social media, general media consumption, and casual reading
This is a great tablet if you are an Apple fan but don’t want to spend a lot of money.
In fact, the latest iPad mini has all the features that consist of Apple reliability.
Even though this isn’t the most powerful device on the list, it is an excellent choice for average social media users.
- Display: The 2019 iPad Mini has a vibrant 7.9’’ Retina display with a True tone and wide color. What that means is that, when it comes to the display, the iPad Mini is the best tablet in the 8’’ category.
- Flexibility: Due to its smaller screen and thin and light design, the Mini is one of the most portable and flexible tablets on the market.
- Battery: With an excellent battery for its size, the iPad Mini can last up to 10-hours of continuous usage.
The brand-new Lenovo tab M8 is a very similar tablet to Amazon’s HD 10 Plus. This is one of the most popular and reliable budget tablets out there.
In fact, if you want a budget tablet that can compete with much more expensive models and does have an Android OS (instead of Fire OS), then the M8 is probably the best way to go. With a powerful hardware kit, a good display, and a compact design, the M8 is a great all-rounder.
- Display: Lenovo has included an 8’’ HD (1280 x 800) display that is perfect for scrolling on Instagram or watching videos on TikTok and Youtube (up to 720p).
- Battery: With its 5000mAh battery capacity and due to its OS and small screen, the M8 has a great autonomy of up to 10 hours.
- Storage: The 32GB are more than enough for social media browsing and scrolling. However, this tablet isn’t the best solution for downloading videos and movies from Netflix and Youtube.
How to choose a Tablet for Social Media (Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, and more)
There are a few key features you may want to consider when choosing a good tablet for social media. We cover the tablets display, audio, battery and more. The tablets with a larger display are better because they can give video playback on social apps in 720p or higher resolution. Audio is important and easily overlooked when choosing a good tablet for Social media.
Tablets come in both Android and Windows operating systems. Tablets provide more convenience and portability than laptops and desktop computers.
A high resolution, large display is important when choosing the best tablet for social media because of the higher quality playback; which many social media enthusiast desire. Different people use tablets for different purposes: students might use them as digital textbooks for reading or writing notes; they might also be used as e-readers.
So, the display you choose is important because its likely you’ll use the tablet for more than just social media.
The speakers on a cheap tablet can be quite poor. This can be a deciding factor when choosing the best tablet for social media.
If you want high-quality sound while using social media, then you should choose a tablet with high-quality speakers that include Dolby Atmos sound or equivalent.
For more on tablets with good audio, see our post on the Best Tablet Speakers for Loud Sound (Wireless and Bluetooth)
A common issue with older model tablets is while they had audio jack, they no standard headphone jack. This isn’t an issue now that bluetooth is mainstream on most tablets and can be used to connect AirPods and head phones.
It’s important to choose the right tablet that fits your needs and the battery is an overlooked feature when choosing one. Battery life is important because when using social media, you have limited time to use the tablet and rushing to watch that last TikTok or instagram is not enjoyable; a similar feeling to when your using a phone thats on 1% battery.
See our post: How to Fix iPhone Battery Draining Overnight
The battery capacity is important because you will want to be able to use your tablet for a long time without worrying about needing a charge. For example, if you are planning on using your tablet for at least an hour and a half, then it’s likely that you will need the tablet with a good battery. However, charge speed is also important because you may not want to stay connected all day and would rather just use it for short periods throughout the day.
Social media App Compatibility
Social media apps compatibility is important for a tablet to be chosen. This includes compatibility with Snapchat, Instagram, TikTok, and more. Tablets that run on Android, fire Os, iOs, and windows can run most mainstream social media apps. However, certain apps will not run on certain devices if they are extremely secure or “iPad only”.
To make sure your chosen tablet is compatible with social media apps, check the app compatibility on the top right corner of the social media app in whichever App Store your device has. You can alternatively check the apps website for compatibility. This should display a summary of what device is supported.
A ram of 2gb is ideal but anything larger works well for social media browsing. RAM, or Random Access Memory, is the part of the tablet’s hard drive that stores data for short periods. The more RAM a tablet has the faster it will run stable and smoothly.
The generally accepted amount of RAM for social media browsing is 1-2GB or higher – anything less may affect how well your chosen tablet will work if you run several high CPU tasks at once.
The storage is important because it allows you to store & run the social media applications you choose. If you choose a 32gb or 64gb tablet, this will be the proper amount of storage space to use social media apps effectively without storage worries.
However, if you eventually want to expand your storage, an SD card slot could be added in later on if you’re using an Android device (or any tablet with a Micro SD slot.
For tablets with more storage, see our post on the Best Tablets with SD Card slot (expandable storage)
The SD card slot is an optional feature and should not be considered as a core requirement when choosing the best tablet for social media because most tablets have enough space for these apps.
Processor speed/processor type
A processor on a tablet with a minimum of 2GHz is ideal for social media apps because it can handle multi-tasking with ease and doesn’t overheat easily as some tablets do when using heavy applications. This means that you can play music, view multiple tabs for the internet simultaneously without lag, stutter, or delay.
A Name brand is important when choosing a social media tablet. For example, if your looking for a Social media tablet from Apple, then you can look at the iPad Air and newer models ideally. They will contain the latest hardware and software and minimizes your risk of getting. a fault device like some third party, alternative tablets provide.
If your looking to use Android tablets that can run social media apps, then you should choose a tablet that has a decent name brand and very good reputation; which I’ve listed in this post. This will help you choose a tablet that lasts longer, rather than dying immediately or shortly after purchase.
How to use the a Tablet for social media
A Tablet can be used for social media as long as it has internet. If it does not you’ll either need to find a data plan like the Samsung galaxy tablet or iPad Air have… or connect to a hotspot using your phone
Simply download the apps and begin using the tablet. The only true difference between the phone and a tablet is the size in many cases depending on the operating system. Apple for example has the iPhone and iPad work very similarly and have many of the same apps that are compatible.
Tablet vs SmartPhone for social media
Since tablets have a bigger display and the capability for a more robust sound system; they are better than a smartphone for social media. However, if portability is your main concern ,then a phone can fit in your pocket… while a tablet needs to be carried in a bag, backpack or case. In most cases the iPad is ideal for social media because it can show many people the screen at the same time.
Compared to a smartphone, tablets have a camera, a bigger display than a phone and work better than a phone in many cases because of the more powerful processor and ram in addition to the screen size.
When choosing between devices you may also be considering a touch screen laptop, see our post on the iPad vs Laptop Pros and Cons: Replacing a Laptop with iPad
How we tested and rated our picks for the best social media tablet.
We tested this based on the ideal features and if it had a large enough Display, clear enough Audio/sound system, a long lasting Battery that also charges quickly. We also rated those with social media app Compatibility higher because there are alternative tablets that may not be able to run certain apps or have limitations.
Lastly, we considered the memory RAM, name brand/Reputation, Processor and overall Functionality when we tested and chose our top picks for the best tablet when using instagram, facebook, snapchat and social apps.
Types of social media commonly used on a Tablet
Below is a list of social media apps that are compatible with the best tablet for social media. These are compatible with tablets (besides clubhouse which requires a workaround to get it on a tablet). This is a growing list and is updated over time.
Can you use Instagram on a tablet
Yes, you can use instagram on a tablet. In fact, it’s ideal to use instagram on a tablet because of the larger display size and robust sound system. You can also connect to the internet on a tablet if you have a data plan or use a mobile network or hotspot.
Can Snapchat be downloaded on a tablet
Yes, snapchat can be downloaded on a tablet. There are many settings within snapchat that allow users to toggle between phone size and tablet size. We recommend using the regular size version of the app because of its more versatile user-interface.
Can you make Facebook posts on a tablet
Yes, you can post status on facebook and use other apps such as instagram or twitter. If you want to do it quickly you can use the Facebook app on your tablet.
What is the difference between a tablet and iPad
The iPad is a tablet that can be used with Apple software. The iPad also has the ability to use the iOS (the operating system) with apps. Standard tablets don’t use the iOs and some experts claim they more limited in the apps they can use.
Are there any differences between a tablet and an iPad?
There are several differences between tablets and iPads. All of the iPads have features like FaceTime, iBooks, Photos app and Safari that aren’t available on any other tablets. A few of the iPad’s other features are: iTunes, iCloud, iCloud storage, Apple ID security, multitasking and the ability to use multiple programs on one device at once.
Should I buy iPad or android tablet for social media and general use?
Each have their pros and cons. The iPad is ideal for those who enjoy using the Apple ID and apple ecosystem because it provides many efficient, intuitive actions for the user. The Android is very customizable and have a different user interface as well as app compatibility. Overall, both devices provide an excellent user interface but many people choose one based their smartphone so they can use a specific brand or rather have different devices to learn.
If you’re main focus is more on movies than social media, then a tablet may not be necessary since you can get many private roku channels using secret jailbreak codes and a roku instead of a tablet.
What is the best Tablet for Social media marketers?
Social media marketers should use a tablet with 2gb ram or more and a processor that has over 2Ghz. This is because when creating a social media strategy, an outdated tablet or cheap tablet may slow you down when creating marketing plans or running apps that manage multiple campaigns.
As a social media marketer, you can use many apps and utilize your time effectively by grabbing an iPad, Android, or Surface Go rather than a unknown android device since these have reputations and credibility in addition to the tests we’ve ran on durability and endurance.
There are pros and cons of getting a tablet for social media use. One advantage is that you’ll have a larger screen to share your front facing camera while recording and showing friends and family something on your latest instagram or facebook feed. The con is that its yet another device to take care of, which isn’t really all that bad if you have the budget.
A large resolution display is important because of how much you use social media. However, speakers are also very important because they help with audio quality and battery life is also vitally needed for those who want to use them extensively.
When choosing a tablet for social media there are manty factors to consider, Processor, display and audio are most important as well as a good Battery. Memory/RAM (Random Access Memory) of 2GB or higher is best since it will allow you less lag and stutter while browsing the app store or social media apps. Display: A screen display resolution of at least 720p HD (1280 x 720p).
The best social media tablets are name brand tablets that have iOS, Android, Windows, FireOS and have social app compatibility with mainstream apps such as facebook, snapchat, instagram, tik tok, facebook, clubhouse, and more.