As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read our complete legal information for more details.
Pairing an Xfinity remote to a TV can get frustrating quite quickly… let’s make this easy for you by providing both pairing instructions and the code to program each remote for each individual TV brand & type.
See how to instantly pair an Xfinity remote to a Samsung or LG TV.
You’ll also want to see: Why is my Xfinity TV Cable Box slow? Apps & Remote Lagging (Get Full speed)
I made a very easy guide to show you how to pair & program your remote no matter what type of Xfinity remote or TV you have:
You’ll need to hold the Xfinity & Info button for 5-7 seconds. The remote light should show a red color and then turn to green shortly after 7 seconds. On your Smart TV you’ll see a PIN code on the TV; which prompts you to enter a 3 digit code. Once you enter it. You will now have your remote paired to your TV.
You can skip to each section and see how to pair:
- XR15 remote to TV
- XR11 remote to a TV
- XR2 remote to TV
- Any Xfinity remote to a different TV
- How to pair an Xfinity remote to Roku TV
Is your Xfinity slow in general or lagging? See: Xfinity Throttling: Why your Xfinity internet is so Slow (Fix)
In this post, I’ll show you how to pair, unpair, and program an Xfinity Remote to your TV, no matter what type of Smart TV you’re using.
Additionally, I’ll also discuss alternate methods to pair and program to specific TV models. My goal was to create the most comprehensive guide on this topic because there is so much confusion around this.
- How to Pair an Xfinity remote to a TV
- How to pair a XR15 remote to a TV
- How to pair a XR11 remote to a TV
- How to pair a XR2 remote to TV
- How to program a XR2 remote to work with a non Xfinity TV Box
- How to pair an Xfinity remote to a different TV
- How to unpair an Xfinity remote from TV box
- How to unpair an Xfinity remote from soundbar
- How to pair an xfinity remote to Roku TV
- How to pair an xfinity remote to a Samsung or LG TV
- How to pair an xfinity remote to an Apple TV
- Can you program xfinity remote to firestick
- How to program an xfinity remote to audio receiver
- Why is my Samsung or LG TV not responding to the Xfinity remote?
- How to Remove TV And Audio Receiver Control
- How to pair an Xfinity remote to Samsung, Vizio, Bose or Yamaha Soundbar
- How to pair an Xfinity remote with Denon receiver
How to Pair an Xfinity remote to a TV
Pairing an Xfinity remote to a third-party TV is easier than what you may think. In fact, all you need to do is use the pairing button or insert a specific code, and you’re all set.
Still, every remote and TV brand has different codes and connectivity processes (which can be tricky – I researched all this for my audience)
So, let’s have a look at how you can program & pair Xfinity remote to your TV, no matter the brand of the TV or the remote model:
How to pair a XR15 remote to a TV
The XR15 voice remote is one of Xfinity’s most flexible remotes when it comes to connectivity. In fact, this model can be connected to almost any TV on the market. The process is very easy and doesn’t require any technical knowledge. In fact, all you need to do is:
- Install the batteries at your XR15 remote and make sure it works properly
- Turn on your TV. While the TV is on, all you have to do is press the Xfinity and Mute buttons and hold them for 5 seconds
- After 5 seconds, you will notice that the light of the remote will turn from red to green
- Once the light is green, you have to input the code listed for your TV. This depends on the manufacturer. For example, if you own an LG TV, the most common code is 12731.
- This should connect the Xfinity XR15 to your TV. Try turning off the TV by pressing the Power button. If that doesn’t work, try to repeat the process and enter a different code (i.e. for LG devices, you can try 11756, 10178, 11178, etc).
This simple process will allow you to connect a XR15 remote to a TV. Depending on your TV manufacturer, there are different codes that you can try to connect your XR15. To find the suitable codes, you can visit the Xfinity official website, select the XR15 remote, and choose the brand of your TV from the menu.
If none of the codes work, there’s probably a software issue with your remote. To solve it, you can perform a factory reset. All you need to do is press and hold (for about 5 seconds) the A and D button on your XR15. Press the code (9-8-1) and wait for the remote to conduct factory reset.
How to pair a XR11 remote to a TV
Unlike the XR15 remote we examined above, the XR11 can be connected to a TV in two different ways: either by using a code or by using the RF pairing. Although the code pairing process is similar to that of XR15, there are some differences:
- Turn on the TV and make sure that your XR11 is functional
- From your remote, press and hold the Setup button for approximately 5 seconds, or until the light turns green
- Type one of the codes that Xfinity suggests depending on your TV manufacturer. If your XR11 is connected, the green light should flash green (2 times). If it turns red, try entering a different code from the list
- If the light flashed green, the setup was complete. Make sure that the pairing process is complete by turning off the TV
At the same time, you can connect a XR11 to a TV by using the RF pairing mode. For this to work, you need to have the remote, a set-top box and a TV. Install the batteries to your XR11 and make sure that both your TV and box are powered on.
Related: 3 Ways to Watch new release Movies (free)
Then, all you need to do is press the Setup button and hold it until the light flashes green. Press the Xfinity button. If done correctly, a 3 digit code should appear on your screen. All you need to do is enter it on your remote, and you’re good to go.
How to pair a XR2 remote to TV
The XR2 is one of the most popular Xfinity remotes. Mainly due to its large buttons and flexibility, it is considered a top-notch choice for seniors. The programming process is also very easy. To be precise, you can easily connect the XR2 remote to any TV if you have the correct code:
- Turn on the TV and make sure that your XR2 is functional (check the batteries and press a button to see if the light blinks red)
- Press and hold the Setup button (bottom left) for approximately 5 seconds. Once the light turns green, it is time to set up the code
- Depending on your TV, there are 4 and 5-digit codes that will allow you to connect the XR2 remote
- After inputting the code, check if the light blinks green twice. If so, the pairing is complete. If not, try a different code
- Once you’ve found the correct code, test your remote to see if it is actually connected to your TV
How to program a XR2 remote to work with a non Xfinity TV Box
Thankfully, all Xfinity remotes can be connected to a non-Xfinity TV box (Motorola, RNG, DTAs, Sisco, etc). Yet, for the pairing process to be successful, you first need to reprogram your remote.
That’s not a particularly challenging task and won’t harm your remote in any way. In fact, all you need to do to pair xfinity remote with box is hold the Setup button for a few seconds, until the light blinks green. Then, you should press either A, B, or C from your remote.
Of course, that depends on the TV box manufacturer. For example, you should press A for RNG and DTA boxes, B for Motorola boxes and C for Cisco and Scientific Atlanta boxes. After doing that, the pairing xfinity remote process is very simple:
- Press and hold the Setup button until the light turns to green
- Enter the 5-digit code suggested for your TV box manufacturer
- If the light blinks green twice, you’re all set.
How to pair an Xfinity remote to a different TV
Although all Xfinity remotes can be connected to almost every third-party TV, the process isn’t always the same. For example, if you have a Samsung TV, you have to input specific codes to connect an Xfinity remote to a TV.
Apart from the different codes depending on the TV manufacturer, the pairing process is pretty similar. To connect an Xfinity remote to a different TV, you should always make sure that your TV is on and that your remote is functional.
Not typical, but the issue could be related to your internet? See: Xfinity Throttling: Why your Xfinity internet is so Slow (Fix)
After doing that, all that’s left is for you to install the code. Start by holding the Xfinity or Setup button (depending on the remote model) for a few seconds. After the remote light turns green, you can input the (3-digit, 4-digit, or 5-digit) code.
How to unpair an Xfinity remote from TV box
There are times where you need to unpair your Xfinity remote from a TV box. This could happen if your TV box isn’t working properly or if you want to pair your Xfinity remote to a different device (TV, soundbar, etc).
So, how to disconnect an xfinity remote from a tv? Thankfully, unpairing an Xfinity remote from the TV box is very easy. Yet, it depends on the Xfinity remote model:
- If your remote has a Setup button, press and hold it for 3-5 seconds until the light turns green. Enter the code 9-8-1 and wait for the light to blink green (twice). You’re all set.
- If your remote doesn’t have a Setup button (XR15, X1, Flex Voice): Hold the A and D buttons for 3-5 seconds until the status light turns from red to green. Enter the 9-8-1 code and wait for a few seconds. The pairing will be turned off automatically.
- If your remote doesn’t have a Setup button or number keys (XR16 Flex Voice): Press the Info and Home buttons together and hold them for 3-5 seconds. Once the LED light flashes, press the Power / Last (left arrow) and volume down buttons.
If none of the above works, there’s probably a hardware issue with your remote. In any case, before you get rid of your Xfinity device, you can visit the xfinity.com/unpair or contact the Xfinity support team. Usually, the support team will help you unpair the remote or pair to cable box.
How to unpair an Xfinity remote from soundbar
An Xfinity remote can’t connect to more than one device. So, if you have your remote connected to a soundbar and you want to re pair remote to a different device, you first need to unpair it from the soundbar.
To unpair an Xfinity remote from the soundbar: Depending on the remote model, you should press and hold the Setup or A and D buttons until the light blinks green. Then all you have to do is insert the code 9-8-1. For the XR16 remote, you should press and hold the info and home buttons followed by the Power + Last + Volume Down buttons.
This is the easiest (and official) way to unpair your Xfinity remote from your soundbar. After doing that, you can re program remote to a different device like a new TV or TV Box.
How to pair an xfinity remote to Roku TV
Whether you own an Element Roku TV or a TCL Roku TV, you can easily pair your TV to an Xfinity remote by following a few simple steps. The first thing you need to do is turn on your TCL or Element TV and make sure that your remote works (check the batteries).
After doing that, the process varies depending on the model of your Xfinity remote. If your remote has a Setup button you need to press and hold it for a few seconds. You will notice that the light will turn green. When that happens, all that’s left is for you to install the correct code. For both Element and TCL Roku TVs, the most common code is 11756.
Note: if Xfinity isn’t working Roku, there are additional solutions we tested and are confirmed working.
At the same time, there are some Xfinity remotes that don’t have a setup button. If that’s the case with your remote, you should either hold the A and D buttons (for: XR15, pair X1 remote control, Flex Voice) or the Info and Home (XR16 Flex Voice) buttons. After that step, the process is the same.
How to pair an xfinity remote to a Samsung or LG TV
Unlike the Roku TVs, both LG and Samsung TVs have multiple codes that you can try when pairing them to an Xfinity remote.
After turning on your LG or Samsung TV, you should hold the Setup or A and D buttons (depending on your remote), to enter the pairing mode. Once the light turns green, you can enter one of the codes mentioned in the table below:
|Xfinity Remote Model||Codes for LG TVs||Codes for Samsung TVs|
|XR15||12731, 11637, 11756, 10178, 11178, 10017, 11530, 10442, 11314||12051,10766, 10814, 10060, 10178, 11959, 10702, 10650, 13118, 11755|
|XR11||12731,10178, 11637, 11756, 11454, 12253, 10856, 11178, 11265, 11993, 10017, 12271, 11934, 11530, 10700, 10442, 11314, 11032, 11758, 12246, 10032||12051, 12280, 12281, 10766, 10814, 10032, 10060, 10178, 10408, 10482, 11597, 11959, 10812, 11632, 10702, 11454, 12253, 11903, 11060, 10587, 10217, 10329, 10650, 10030, 12284, 10056, 10090, 10427, 11575, 13118, 12278, 11581|
|XR2||10178, 11178, 11265, 11637, 10037, 11993, 11934, 11756, 11530, 10856, 10700, 10442, 10017, 11314, 11032, 11758, 10016, 10032||10812, 11632, 10702, 10060, 11959, 10766, 11903, 11060, 10587, 10329, 10814, 10650, 10482, 10032, 10030, 10178, 10019, 11575, 11597, 10427, 10408, 10217, 10090, 10056, 11581, 10037|
|XR5||Same with XR11 (see above)||Same with XR11 (see above)|
After finding the correct code, your remote status light should blink green 2 times. All that’s left is for you to check that the pairing process is complete by turning off your TV using your remote’s power button.
How to pair an xfinity remote to an Apple TV
To pair a new Xfinity remote to an Apple TV, you have to download the Xfinity TV Remote App from the App Store.
Provided that your Apple TV is connected to the internet, all you need to do is go to the App Store and download the Xfinity app. After doing so, you should open the app and log in.
Make sure that you name your TV Box and click continue. After doing that, all you need to do is press and hold the Xfinity and Info button and enter the 3-digit code that appears on your TV screen. Click on Finish. The pairing process is complete and you should be able to use your Xfinity remote.
Can you program xfinity remote to firestick
If you use a Fire TV, then we have good news. You can easily connect an Xfinity remote to manipulate your firestick or Fire TV. All you need to do is follow the pairing process below:
- Make sure that your Xfinity remote is functional and turn on your Fire TV (using the original remote or the TV buttons)
- Hold the Setup button for 3 to 5 seconds or until the light turns green
- Install the code. For most Fire TVs and Firesticks the correct code is 11524
- If the light turns green again, you should be able to use your Xfinity remote for your firestick or Fire TV
How to program an xfinity remote to audio receiver
The best thing about the Xfinity remotes is that they flawlessly connect to almost any device on the market. And audio receivers are not an exception. To program an Xfinity remote to your audio receiver, you have to:
- Turn on your audio receiver
- Press and hold the Xfinity and Mute buttons for a few seconds (until the light flashes green)
- Enter the 5-digit code (depending on the audio receiver manufacturer). The most common codes for audio receivers are: 30121, 31676, 32967, and 31935. If none of the above works, have a look at the table below
- After you enter the correct code your Xfinity remote should be paired to your audio receiver
|Audio Receiver Manufacturer||Xfinity Remote Codes|
|Pioneer||31935, 31384, 31459, 30531, 33956, 31023, 30823|
|Panasonic||32967, 33323, 30309, 31676, 30308, 31633, 33409, 32105, 31518, 33767|
|Aiwa||30121, 31641, 30158, 30189, 31622, 33903|
|JVC||31676, 30074, 31495, 30531, 30331, 32331, 33049, 33167|
|Kenwood||31570, 30027, 30186, 31027, 31313, 32467, 32197|
|Sony||31622, 31759, 30158, 33903, 33487, 32172, 31758, 32610, 33114|
Why is my Samsung or LG TV not responding to the Xfinity remote?
Unfortunately, there are times that your TV will stop responding to the Xfinity remote or the Roku remote won’t pair to a TV. Thankfully, if you identify the reason there is always something you can do to solve the issue.
In most cases, the problem isn’t about your TV. On the flip side, there could be a software or hardware issue related to your remote. The most common reasons why a Samsung or LG TV stops responding to an Xfinity remote are:
- Low battery: The first thing you need to do is replace your remote batteries to make sure that insufficient power isn’t the problem’s root.
- Broken buttons: There are times when certain buttons are broken. Make sure to check if some of the remote buttons are still working. If so, it may be time to replace your Xfinity remote.
- Damaged remote: In some cases, there is a deeper hardware issue related to your remote (e.g. static electricity). Again, taking the device to a technician or replacing the remote are the safest solutions.
How to Remove TV And Audio Receiver Control
Removing a TV and audio receiver control from an Xfinity remote is actually very easy. Xfinity provides an official way to do it. Most specifically, the first thing you need to do is press and hold the Setup button for a few seconds.
After the status light blinks green, it is time to enter the code 9-8-6. In most cases, the LED will blink green 2 times. If that happens, you have successfully removed the TV and audio receiver control.
Still there are times when this won’t do the trick. If that’s the case with you, the best thing you can do is hard reset your Xfinity remote. To do that, you should hold the Setup button and once the light turns green press the code 9-8-1.
But, how to resync xfinity remote to tv? Well, the steps above will help you unpair your remote from a device. You can then program Xfinity remote to amplifier or pair to external speakers.
How to pair an Xfinity remote to Samsung, Vizio, Bose or Yamaha Soundbar
Xfinity remotes were designed to work with most TVS and devices. So if you have an Xfinity remote, whether the X1 or XR models, they can be programmed to not only a soundbar, but denon receivers and several smart home devices as well.
Here’s how you can pair any Xfinity remote to a Samung, VIZIO, Bose, or Yamaha soundbar:
- Make sure the soundbar is set as the default receiver for audio – each soundbar is different, but will allow this setting to be set.
- Your Xfinity X1 remote should have a Setup button; hold it for 5-7 seconds.
- Enter the 5 Digit code using the remote code tool.
- You’ll see the LED light blink twice on the Xfintity remote.
- Finally ,test the remote and soundbar and set up the remainder of preferences.
- Congratulations, you have paired a Xfinity remote to your soundbar.
If you’re using a X15 or similar model, you’ll want to make sure the output receiver is found by holding the A & D buttons on the remote. Once it turns green (from red) you’re good to go. You’ll enter the 3 digital PIN code the same way you would on a standard remote.
If you have a subwoofer and it’s not working, you’ll want to follow our guide on How To Fix VIZIO Subwoofer Not Working With Soundbar. The solutions for VIZIO are quite similar to samsung and other popular name-brand soundbars & subwoofers.
Xfinity X1 Remote soundbar codes
Below is an organized table that has the remote codes required to pair an Xfinity remote to your soundbar. These are based on the brand and type of soundbar. Try each of them from remote code column 1-4.
|Soundbar Type||Remote Code 1||Remote code 2||Remote code 3||Remote code 4|
How to pair an Xfinity remote with Denon receiver
Pairing an Xfinity Remote to a receiver has had a number of issues over the years. However, after some research my tech team found a few ways to make this work.
You must pair the Xfinity remote to the audio receiver before you pair it to your TV.
If you have tried to pair and program your Xfinity remote to your receiver and have eperienced issues, then you’ll want to first factory reset, manually pair the remote to the audio receiver and finally manually pair your remote to your smart TV.
- First, make sure that all devices are powered on
- Ensure the batteries for the Voice Remote are working properly.
- Next, the TV input needs to be set to the input connected to the Xfinity TV box. This should show on the screen
- For 5-7 seconds, hold down the Xfinity and Info buttons simutaneously.
- The Voice Remote light will turn green (from red).
- The 3 digit PIN code (or pairing code) can be found on-screen. Just follow the instructions.
- You will be able to pair your Voice Remote with the TV Box at this point.
- You can now set up the remainder of settings; such as your TV’s power, volume, and input control. Now your remote can also control these settings.
Some users have reported that holding the mute button along with the “Xfinity” button for 5-7 seconds on your Remote will also work the same way.
This should be an alternate method and not used first. If you have a X16 remote, simple pull the back of the tab on the back of the remote and press the microphone buttons, this will allow you to pair the devices (it’s a much easier option).
To locate the setup button on Xfinity Remotes, simply find search at the top right of your remote. Occasionally you’ll find the at the bottom left. This should be very easy to find since it is a word and not a number; and it is normally quite a large button in comparison to the others on the remote.