As an Amazon Associate, we earn from qualifying purchases made on our website. If you make a purchase through links from this website, we may get a small share of the sale from Amazon and other similar affiliate programs. You can read our complete legal information for more details.
If you are looking for the best Bluetooth headphones for Kindle, Fire, Paperwhite and Oasis devices, you have come to the right place. Of all the tablets and ereaders mentioned above, only the Amazon Fire tablets have a headphone jack.
So what if you want to connect your Kindle, Paperwhite, or Oasis to your headphones or earbuds? Well, unfortunately, you can not use your wired headphones. On the other hand, getting a Bluetooth headphone works wonders for those who want to listen to their audiobooks along with text.
Bluetooth headphones are wireless. Is there anything better than listening to an audiobook without having to worry about wires? Probably not.
That’s why we have researched and handpicked the best Bluetooth headphones, earbuds, and earphones for Amazon Kindle tablets and e-readers.
We tested every aspect of the various types of Kindle headphones listed below: from active noise cancellation and stereo bass to battery life and connection stability – nothing was left out. Let us dive deeper into it.
- 1. Pollini V5: Best Wireless Kindle Bluetooth headphones (Fire HD 8 & 10 & Paperwhite)
- 2. POP: Best Kindle Paperwhite Headphones (Overall)
- 3. Reinok: Best Kindle Fire Bluetooth Speakers
- 4. Vantiyaus: Best Kindle Headphones (Bluetooth earbuds)
- 5. Zihnic: Best cheap Wireless Headphones for Kindle Oasis, Paperwhite, & Fire HD
- 6. Azazi: Best bluetooth earbuds for Kindle Paperwhite
- 7. Riwbox: Best Kindle earphones (oasis and paperwhite)
- 8. Picun: Best budget Kindle Headset with microphone
- 9. KVidio: Top affordable Kindle Fire HD 8 and HD 10 earphones
- 10. Accessonico: Best headphones for Amazon Fire Tablet
- 11. JLab: Best wireless kindle fire headphones (earphones)
- Bluetooth Soundbars
- Bluetooth Speakers
- Smart Home Speakers
- Does the Kindle only read audio in English?
- What can I do if Bluetooth isn't working on Kindle?
- What bluetooth devices work with the Kindle Paperwhite?
Best Kindle headphones (Wireless, Bluetooth)
Below is our list of top picks of the best bluetooth wireless headphones for kindle paperwhite, oasis, and kindle devices.
- Pollini V5: Best Wireless Kindle Bluetooth headphones (Fire HD 8 & 10 & Paperwhite)
- POP: Best Kindle Paperwhite Headphones (Overall)
- Reinok: Best Kindle Fire Bluetooth Speakers
- Vantiyaus: Best Kindle Headphones (Bluetooth earbuds)
- Zihnic: Best cheap Wireless Headphones for Kindle Oasis, Paperwhite, & Fire HD
- Azazi: Best bluetooth earbuds for Kindle Paperwhite
- Riwbox: Best Kindle earphones (oasis and Paperwhite)
- Picun: Best budget Kindle Headset with microphone
- KVidio: Top affordable Kindle Fire HD 8 and HD 10 earphones
- Accessonico: Best headphones for Amazon Fire Tablet
Note: Keep in mind, bluetooth microphones are not supported on most of these devices (depends on the model).
1. Pollini V5: Best Wireless Kindle Bluetooth headphones (Fire HD 8 & 10 & Paperwhite)
With very strong feedback from our audience we polled, the Pollini has become one of the most popular Bluetooth headphones for good reason.
With deep bass, great battery life, and high-quality ear cups, as well as numerous other advanced features, this product has it all.
Unlike basic air headphones, this set offers a premium sound experience. Best of all, it’s also quite affordable. During our testing, we did not encounter any connectivity issues.
In fact, connecting the Pollini V5 to a Kindle Fire or Kindle eReader via Bluetooth is as easy as it goes.
- These headphones are also popular because of their comfortable design. Then, when you consider that the battery lasts up to 30 hours of continuous use, the Pollini V5 is the perfect choice for on-the-go listening.
Although the audio quality is not comparable to more expensive headphones (such as the POP reviewed below ), we really enjoyed listening to audiobooks and music with this set. In a few words, the Pollini V5 is one of the best value wireless headphones on the market.
2. POP: Best Kindle Paperwhite Headphones (Overall)
Do you need a pair of headphones for more than just listening to audiobooks? Then the brand new POP is exactly what you are looking for. With rich highs, deep bass and a frequency of 20Hz – 20KHz, these stereo bass headphones will delight you.
Starting with compatibility, the POP can easily connect to any Amazon Kindle (Paperwhite, Oasis, etc.), but also to any iOS, Windows or Android device with Bluetooth.
- In terms of performance, the POP proved to be one of the most powerful headphones we tested. Its HIFI sound is simply stunning and the active noise cancellation works perfectly. This means you will not have any problems with background noise.
- The only downside compared to other headphones on this list is the battery. The 400 MaH battery is relatively smaller than the one included in the Pollini V5 and offers a maximum runtime of 16 hours.
With a modern design, an impressive sound experience, and a nice hard case (included), the latest POP is a headphone you should definitely try.
3. Reinok: Best Kindle Fire Bluetooth Speakers
Although wireless headphones can be useful, many of us prefer Bluetooth speakers, especially for listening to music or audiobooks from Kindle devices. And that’s what our next selection is all about. Reinok is a vfm, waterproof bluetooth speaker.
Performance: With a 30W high-fidelity stereo system and bass boost, Reinok offers incredible sound quality considering its price range. The speaker easily connects to any Kindle device via Bluetooth 5.0.
During our testing, we really liked the look of this speaker and its beautiful RGB breath light. Reinok also supports dual pairing, so you can connect two speakers together. This feature is extremely rare and one of the main reasons why Reinok is a super-affordable solution for parties.
Finally, Reinok has a 3000mAh battery that gives it an autonomy of more than 12 hours of continuous playtime. If you are looking for a powerful yet affordable wireless speaker, there’s nothing better than this.
4. Vantiyaus: Best Kindle Headphones (Bluetooth earbuds)
Suppose you just purchased a brand new Amazon Fire tablet and want an affordable pair of earbuds to listen to music. If that’s the case, there’s nothing better than Vantiyaus. Unfortunately, this pair of headphones is wired.
So you can not connect it to devices without a headphone jack. However, most of the Amazon Fire HDs we’ve tested has such a port. When we tested Vantiyaus, we could not believe that a $10 pair of headphones could produce such clear sound.
Some find it useful to use their speakers and have their kindle on a stand for audiobooks and e-book reading. See our post on Best Kindle Paperwhite stands & holders (stand cases) for this.
Thanks to the beautiful packaging and modern design, the Vantiyaus also make a perfect gift. And since this pair is not wireless, you do not have to worry about the battery either.
As long as your Fire HD (or smartphone) is charged, you can listen to music without any problems. Further in this post we will go over wireless earbuds for the kindle.
5. Zihnic: Best cheap Wireless Headphones for Kindle Oasis, Paperwhite, & Fire HD
Zihnic is a high-definition stereo headphone that combines premium features with a modern design.
The headphones feature top-of-the-line built-in software and offer advanced noise-canceling technology. So with Zihnic you can lose yourself in your favorite music even at low volume.
With a 150mAh battery, Zihnic offers 14 hours of autonomy, which is even better than the (more expensive) POP, tested above. The earmuffs, made of synthetic leather, prove to be extremely comfortable and durable.
If you’re kindle is running slow, then follow the direction in our article, why is my Kindle Paper white slow or frozen and how to fix it
We really like using headphones that can be folded and stretched. This allows you to find the perfect size and shape without any restrictions. For this reason, Zihnic is the perfect choice for men, women and kids.
6. Azazi: Best bluetooth earbuds for Kindle Paperwhite
One of the most useful features of wireless headphones is that you can use them anywhere. Avazi is our favorite pair of Bluetooth headphones for working out. With a special design, a long-lasting battery, and advanced noise-canceling technology, this is a high-quality pair of earbuds.
As Bluetooth headphones, Avazi can easily connect to any Kindle Paperwhite or Oasis. So it is a very flexible set of earphones. For example, you can use them while running or exercising with your smartphone and then connect them to your Kindle to listen to an audiobook.
As for connectivity, Avazi can connect to any device with Bluetooth and has a sufficient range of up to 10 meters. Finally, another unique feature of Avazi is that it can connect to two devices simultaneously. How convenient is that?
In short, it is an affordable sweat resistant headphone that can be used with any Kindle device, smartphone, smartTV, etc.
As one of the most popular headphone sets on Amazon, Riwbox needs no introduction. It has quickly become one of the top Amazon choices when it comes to over-ear headphones for many reasons.
For starters, Riwbox has one of the best ergonomic designs we have ever seen. The futuristic backlit design makes it one of the best looking headphones on the market. When it comes to performance, Riwbox has a powerful 40mm speaker built into each earbud. This ensures a high-quality, natural sound.
Riwbox easily connects to any Kindle device via Bluetooth 5.0. Another important feature of this set is that it is foldable. Finally, Riwbox can also be connected to any device via a headphone jack.
So, when the battery is low, you can simply connect the headphones to your device via cable. When you add that Riwbox is very affordable, it becomes an amazing all-rounder.
8. Picun: Best budget Kindle Headset with microphone
Are you looking for a powerful headphone that offers 60 hours of playtime? If so, meet Picun, a beautiful and affordable headset for listening to audiobooks and music.
Picun is one of our favorite headphones for many reasons. Aside from the impressive battery, the set includes two of the best soft memory protein earmuffs we have tested. As a result, this is one of the most comfortable headphones on the market.
Its sleek design and wide range of colors make it a perfect companion for pretty much anyone. Moreover, Picun has a built-in microphone. So it’s a smart solution for those of you who need headphones for Zoom or Skype meetings.
Finally, the set connects easily to any mobile device via Bluetooth 5.0. All in all, this is the perfect headset for those of you who need solid sound, a great microphone, and the best battery life.
9. KVidio: Top affordable Kindle Fire HD 8 and HD 10 earphones
KVidio has designed one of the most popular headphones on Amazon. The brand new headphones have already received some excellent feedback from its fanbase, and for good reason.
KVidio combines an affordable price with high audio quality and a premium battery.
In fact, KVidio features some of the best active noise cancellation technology on the market. Besides that, the ear cups are super comfortable and we had no problems wearing the headphones for hours.
You can easily access all of KVidio’s features via a multi-function button. Another interesting feature is that KVidio can be connected not only via Bluetooth.
It can also be connected via a 3.5mm audio cable. The 500mAh battery provides around 55 hours of playtime. This allows you to play music or audiobooks uninterrupted, even when you are travelling abroad.
In conclusion, KVidio is a very reliable and flexible headphone. When you consider that this is also one of the cheapest headphones, it’s no wonder it made it to our list.
10. Accessonico: Best headphones for Amazon Fire Tablet
If you are looking for a set of wireless sports earphones that also connect to any Kindle eReader, or amazon fire tablet, the Accessonico has the perfect solution.
With crystal clear audio production, a minimalist design, and advanced ambient noise reduction technology, Accessonico easily made it into our top picks.
This pair of headphones is extremely lightweight. During our testing, we had no connectivity issues whatsoever. This means the headphones are perfect for listening to music or audiobooks while exercising, traveling, etc.
Although the Accessonico earphones can be charged quickly (less than 1.5 hours), the battery does not last longer than 5 hours. So it is not the perfect choice for those who are looking for a stunning battery life.
11. JLab: Best wireless kindle fire headphones (earphones)
Although JLab sits at the last place in our selection, it could easily be in first place. JBuds Pro has everything you need and more. First things first: this is a fantastic set to use while working out.
Thanks to the top-notch noise isolation technology, you can easily listen to music or audiobooks while you run. During our test, the JBuds provided an amazing sound experience that reminded us of more expensive earbuds.
We also enjoyed using the small control panel located between the earbuds. With a solid battery that lasts up to 6 hours and a flawless connection via Bluetooth 5.0, the JLab earbuds are a must-have.
Because of the perfect Bluetooth connectivity, we recommend buying these wireless earphones if you own a Kindle Oasis or Kindle Voyage.
Can you use external speakers with kindle?
Yes, you can connect your bluetooth kindle to speakers, headphones and car audio speaker systems because the Kindle e-reader uses A2DP to support the streaming of sound/audio.
However, it’s important to understand which speakers will work best along with your kindle and the specific device and model as Amazon is consistently enhancing their products and creating better models as technology advances.
Kindle Paperwhite Bluetooth pairing
To listen to Audio books on your Kindle, you must first pair a Bluetooth audio device, such as headphones or speakers.
There are two ways you can pair a Bluetooth audio device. Pairing a Bluetooth device when opening an audiobook:
- Tap Your Library from the Home screen, then tap Downloaded.
- Tap on the audiobook you want to listen to. If you have not paired a Bluetooth device, you will receive a prompt to do so after the Play button is pressed.
- Put your Bluetooth audio device into pairing mode.
- Tap on the Bluetooth device you want to use.
- Once the device is paired, the audiobook will play through that device.
Pairing a Bluetooth device via Settings:
1. Put your Bluetooth audio device into pairing mode.
2. Tap Your Library in the top left of the Home screen. Tap the Quick Actions icon on the toolbar, then tap All Settings. On the Settings page, tap Wi-Fi & Bluetooth, then Bluetooth devices. If you are having trouble pairing your device, common troubleshooting steps include:
- Ensuring the device is turned on and in pairing mode.
- Tapping the Rescan button to refresh the list of devices.
- Dismissing and reopening the Kindle Bluetooth dialog box.
- Turning the Bluetooth setting off and on. • Turning the device off and on again
Kindle Paperwhite and Oasis owners are seeking how to pair bluetooth speakers & devices to their device in order to listen to audiobooks using speakers or headphones.
Here’s how to pair a bluetooth audio device with a Kindle Paperwhite or Oasis:
- When opening the audiobook, tap the library, then select ‘downloaded’
- Next, choose the audiobook of your choice
- Now, you will see a prompt to connect and pair a bluetooth device on your kindle paperwhite or Oasis
- Select the button on your bluetooth headphone or speaker to begin pairing mode
- Choose the bluetooth device you want to pair with your kindle device
- Congratulations! You can now use bluetooth headphones and speakers on your Kindle device
Alternative pairing can be done by placing your bluetooth speaker or earphones into pairing mode, then tap the library icon from the Home Screen, Next, you can choose the icon ‘quick actions’, and select ‘all settings’. Then choose the Wi-Fi/Bluetooth menu selection from settings. Finally, the bluetooth will be paired!
How can you use Alexa to read your Kindle books?
If you’re a Kindle enthusiast and an Alexa device owner, you’re in for a treat. Thanks to the integration between Alexa and Kindle, Alexa can effortlessly read out your Kindle books, turning your reading time into a hands-free experience perfect for multitasking or unwinding.
There are 2 ways to get your Alexa device to read your Kindle books. Below are the steps for using the app:
- Ensure your Alexa device and Kindle is connected to the same Amazon account.
- Open the Alex app.
- Tap the Play button, located at the centre of the bottom menu.
- Go to your Kindle library and select the book you want Alexa to read.
- Then select your Alexa device. Enjoy!
Alternatively, you can use voice commands:
- Say, “Alexa, read my Kindle book, [title of the book]”.
The experience doesn’t stop at just listening. While Alexa reads, you retain full control of the playback, just as you would with an audiobook. Want to revisit a previous chapter or skip ahead?
Commands like “Alexa, next chapter” or “Alexa, previous chapter” are at your disposal. Adjustments in speed, navigation through the text, and even inquiring about the book’s details are all possible with intuitive voice commands.
Troubleshooting sound on Kindle devices
Kindle devices, though incredibly user-friendly, are not without their quirks. One of the common challenges faced by users is dealing with sound problems. Whether it’s no sound at all or intermittent disruptions, this can be a frustrating experience. But don’t worry! With a few basic steps, most sound-related issues on Kindle can be resolved.
In some instances, sound problems stem from the basic settings. It’s always a good idea to start by checking the volume levels and mute options. Sometimes, the sound issues can be as simple as the device being unintentionally muted or the volume set too low. Adjusting these settings can be the quick fix you need to get back to enjoying your content.
Another simple yet often effective solution is giving your Kindle a fresh start. Restarting the device can clear up minor software glitches that might be interfering with sound output.
If everything else seems in order, it might be time to consider updates or seeking expert help.
How to connect and pair a bluetooth headphones to Amazon Fire HD Tablet models
Here’s a step-by-step guide on how to seamlessly connect your Bluetooth headphones to any Amazon Fire HD Tablet model:
- Start by switching on your Bluetooth headphones. Ensure they are in pairing mode.
- Turn on your Amazon Fire HD Tablet. Once unlocked, swipe downwards from the top edge of the screen. This action will reveal the notification panel.
- On the notification panel, you’ll find a gear-shaped icon, representing the “Settings” option. Tap on this icon, which is usually located in the top-right corner of the screen.
- As you browse through the settings menu, find and select the “Connected Devices” option.
- Within the Connected Devices settings, ensure that the toggle switch for Bluetooth is in the “ON” position. If it isn’t, tap on it to activate Bluetooth on your tablet.
- After enabling Bluetooth, select “Pair new device” located at the top. The tablet will automatically start searching for nearby Bluetooth devices.
- Once you’ve located your headphones in the list, tap on their name. This action will initiate the pairing process.
- After the pairing process completes, you’ll notice a “Connected” status appearing next to your headphones’ name. This indicates that the pairing was successful.
With the headphones now connected, any audio from your tablet will be routed through them. Enjoy!
Alternative bluetooth devices for audio on Kindle
When you think of Bluetooth soundbars, enhancing TV audio might be the first thing that comes to mind. However, these versatile devices can be paired with your Kindle to create a cinematic reading experience, bringing audiobooks and multimedia content to life.
Some good soundbars are Bose Solo 5, Sonos Beam, Sony HT-S350, Samsung HW-T450 and JBL Bar Studio.
Depending on your needs, Bluetooth speakers come in various sizes. Portable speakers are compact, making them perfect for personal use or an intimate get-together, allowing you to enjoy your Kindle’s audio content on the go. On the other hand, the larger Bluetooth speakers pack a punch, delivering louder and richer sound, making them an excellent choice for events.
- Some good portable speakers are JBL Flip 5, Sony SRS-XB12 and UE Boom 3.
- As far as larger speakers go: Sonos Move 2, Bose SoundTouch 30 and JBL Xtreme 2.
Smart Home Speakers
The integration of smart home speakers into our lives offers more than just voice commands. These devices can easily connect to your Kindle via Bluetooth, offering a seamless audio playback experience, whether you’re listening to music, an audiobook, or any multimedia content available on your Kindle.
Some good smart home speakers are Amazon Echo, Google Nest Audio and Apple HomePod.
When considering a Bluetooth audio device for Kindle, it’s crucial to think about battery life, range, sound quality, ease of use, and compatibility.
Does the Kindle only read audio in English?
The Kindle utilizes a technology called Advanced Audio Distribution Profile, or A2DP. When using VoiceView to read audio on the Kindle, the only support language is English.
This technology is useful to have, especially when assisted reading with Digital audiobooks is being studied for students who have reading disabilities. (source)
What can I do if Bluetooth isn’t working on Kindle?
If the bluetooth speaker or headphone does not work on your Kindle device, simply turn the kindle on and off, turn the bluetooth device off and back on. Next, you can ‘rescan’ the refresh button when you come to the selection of bluetooth pairing. Your bluetooth speaker should now work again on your kindle device.
What bluetooth devices work with the Kindle Paperwhite?
Bluetooth devices all many types work with the kindle paperwork, including wireless Bluetooth speakers, headphones, earbuds, and car speakers. This is enabled with A2DP technology and allow the user to hear amazing sound quality wireless.
Most bluetooth devices are fairly cost-effective and can be hooked up to any device with Bluetooth capabilities. The most Versatile speakers also come equipped with a remote that allows you to adjust the volume of your audio quickly, without having to get up from where you’re sitting or lying down when listening to an audiobook on the kindle.
We chose and ranked our top bluetooth headphones and speakers for Kindle Paperwhite and Oasis based on sound quality, ability to pair to Kindle, design, materials, and credibility of brand. We found that there are many different types of headphones and speakers to use as long as they support the format that kindle allows and can be paired with a kindle.
There are also various ways to pair these headphones and bluetooth wirelessly, which can be done by using the pairing button and scanning when prompted on the kindle device. The best Bluetooth devices for kindle to listen to audiobooks can be found in this list as they all have been tested for compatibility, however be sure to match up the headphones with your model of kindle.