Are you looking for a way to stream the internet and videos to your Roku device? If so, the Web Video Caster app on Roku is the perfect solution for you. This app will allow you to cast to video and browser content to Roku.
This app is a powerful tool that allows you to cast the internet and videos from your Android and iOS devices to your Roku device or Roku TV.
We even rated this as the top Roku web browser since Roku doesn’t have one natively – it’s the easiest solution since Poprism and web browser X are no longer working.
Related: How to mirror iPhone to Roku TV
In this tutorial, we will show you how to download and install the Web Video Caster app for Roku.
- How to download and install web video caster app for Roku
- How to use the web video caster app to cast a video or website on Roku
- Exploring Other Features & Options
- FAQ & Troubleshooting
How to download and install web video caster app for Roku
Below, you’ll learn how to download and install the web video caster app on Roku devices and Roku TVs. This includes Roku Ultra, Roku Express, and all other Roku players.
Keep in mind I’ve attempted many options over the years and this is by far one of the top options
1. Add web video caster to Roku channel
To get started, add the Web Video Caster app to your Roku channel by searching for it in the Roku Channel Store.
You’ll need one app installed on Roku and the other on your iPhone or Android:
- Web video caster channel app
- Once download on your Roku, you’ll see a QR code to download the app that you can scan with your phone to download.
- Download the app on your phone directly
Alternatively, you can add the app to your Roku channel by visiting the Roku Channel Store website and clicking the “Add Channel” button.
Pro tip: You can also sign into your Roku account and add the channel to your device from the internet.
2. Open the channel on your Roku stick or Roku TV
When you add the channel to your Roku device or TV, it will show up in the main menu of your home screen. You can then launch the channel by selecting it from the list.
Once you have added the Web Video Caster app to your Roku channel, open the channel and select the “Web Video Caster Receiver” option.
There are two QR codes that will allow you to download the app on either Android or iPhone (google play or Apple app store)
3. Install the app on iPhone or android and click connect
Install the Web Video Caster app on your iPhone or Android device.
When you launch the app you’ll see a home screen and you’ll see the top right has a casting icon. Click connect at the top right casting icon.
Important: Be sure both Roku and your Phone are connected to the same Wi-Fi or internet network.
Alternative install options
- If you prefer, you can also connect to your Roku device via IP address, which is available on the Web Video Caster channel on Roku.
- QR code and IP address connections is also possible on the roku channel app
Also see: Top screen share apps for iPhone
4. Select the Roku device or Roku TV and hit connect
Finally, select your Roku device or Roku TV from the list of available devices and hit the “Connect” button.
With this app, you can easily stream the internet and videos from your Android and iOS devices to your Roku device or Roku TV.
Once connected you’ll need to learn how to use the app, which is what I will cover next.
How to use the web video caster app to cast a video or website on Roku
After you have successfully connected to the Roku device with the web video caster app, you will need to learn how to use the interface. I’ll show you how to use the app
- Launch the app: To start casting a browser on Roku, first, open the web video caster app on your iPhone or Android device.
- Search the web browser or cast a video: Right when you log in, you’ll see a web browser at the top, which look similar to google chrome. Also, in the app, you can search for a video you want to watch on Roku.
- Use the web or play video inside the browser of web video caster: When you find the video you want to watch, click on the play button to start playing the video inside the web video caster app.
- Locate video list via the play button icon (circle with play button): If you have multiple videos, you can access the video list by clicking on the play button icon (a circle with a play button) on the bottom right of the screen.
- Video will load on the Roku device or Roku Tv: Once you have selected the video, it will start playing on the Roku device or Roku Tv connected to your network. It may take a few seconds to load.
You can set up the Web video caster on Roku to cast videos, cast a web browser, and even use boookmarks and history features.
Exploring Other Features & Options
I’ve found that the Web Video Caster App is one of the best solutions for on-demand casting and web browsing on Roku because it gives its users so much flexibility over what they can watch regarding various media files.
In addition to its versatile device compatibility, the app also offers a range of features to enhance your viewing experience.
This includes IPTV, the ability to play phone files, a list of recent media, playlist, bookmarks, browser history, a list of most visited sites, and downloads.
On top of that, it offers additional features like the ability to play phone files, recent media, playlists, bookmarks, browser histories and even most visited and downloads.
As an added bonus for late night streaming sessions there is also a dark mode option available which helps reduce any eye strain you may have from long viewing sessions in the dark.
FAQ & Troubleshooting
- Connection error: If you encounter a connection error, make sure that both your phone and Roku device are on the same wi-fi network.
- Video loading error: If the video is not loading, try restarting the app and Roku device or try playing a different video.
- Quality issues: If the video quality is poor, try adjusting the video settings or closing other apps running on your phone or Roku device.
Can you stream live TV from Kodi to Web Video Caster using DLNA device?
Answer: It would depend on the DLNA device. Most DLNA devices don’t support m3u8 videos but they often support TS. WVC for Android can convert from m3u8 to TS and a lot of live streams already come on TS
Web video cast audio doesn’t sync to the video anymore
If you are facing an issue with the audio not syncing up with the video in the Web Video Cast app, there are a few steps you can take to resolve the issue.
First, try restarting your Roku device or resetting your internet connection. Sometimes, a simple restart or reset can resolve the issue. If that doesn’t work, you can try using a different phone to see if the issue is specific to your device.
If the issue persists even after trying the above steps, you may need to consider an alternative solution.
There are many other web video casting apps available for Roku, and some may work better for you than others.
You can try a different app if you need an immediate solution to cast a browser on your Roku device. It’s always a good idea to check app reviews and ratings before downloading to ensure that you are getting a reliable and high-quality app.